Come and meet our 500 adorable, rescued animals! Located on 53 acres of beautiful Essex countryside, take a gentle stroll around the grounds or sit and enjoy some peace amongst nature.
Hopefield is home to over 100 species of animal, each have their own amazing personality for you to get to know!
- Visit our wonderful, plant-based, Max's Café, where you can enjoy delicious food and drinks
- Learn all about our amazing animals, their rescue stories, and personalities during our daily animal talks (Currently suspended due to COVID-19)
- Take part in The Hopefield Trail and test your animal knowledge.
- Adult - £7.00 (£6.50 online)
- Child (2-15) - £6.00 (£5.50 online)
- Concession - £6.00 (£5.50 online)
- Family Ticket - £22.00 (£20.00 online)
- Monday - 11am to 3pm
- Tuesday - CLOSED
- Wednesday - CLOSED
- Thursday - 11am to 3pm
- Friday - 11am to 3pm
- Saturday - 10am to 4pm
- Sunday - 10am to 4pm
- It will not be compulsory to pre-book your tickets, however, visitor numbers will be capped so we would advise pre-booking to avoid disappointment. There will be an additional cost of 50p per ticket for on-the-door admissions.
- The one-way system will be removed
- Masks will no longer be compulsory in our Gift Shop and Max’s Café (although encouraged)
- Temperature checks will no longer be taken upon entry
We will still be keeping the safe precautions in place for the foreseeable future:
- Visitor numbers will be capped
- Handwashing stations and hand sanitiser will be available at various points throughout the sanctuary
- We are taking everyone's safety very seriously, and whilst - logistically - children's activities like sand art, glitter tattoos etc. are not practical, we will be extending our walkway to include our lovely donkeys and have lots of new residents for you to meet!
Please DO NOT feed any of our animals. If you are caught feeding them, the food will be confiscated and you will be asked to leave the sanctuary immediately. As we are a sanctuary, many of our residents are old or suffer from medical conditions so are on special diets.
Booking terms & conditions:
- If you need to cancel or transfer your booking please be aware that this can be done up to 48 hours prior to your visit. If you contact us after this time window we will not be able to amend your booking.
- We cannot transfer or refund your booking due to bad weather.
- If you or anyone in your booking are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please contact us and we will be able to transfer your booking to a later date.