Come and meet our 500 adorable, rescued animals! Located on 53 acres of beautiful Essex countryside, take a gentle stroll around the grounds or sit and enjoy some peace amongst nature.
Hopefield is home to over 100 species of animal, each have their own amazing personality for you to get to know!
- Visit our wonderful, plant-based, Max's Café, where you can enjoy delicious food and drinks
- Learn all about our amazing animals, their rescue stories, and personalities during our daily animal talks (Currently suspended due to COVID-19)
- Take part in The Hopefield Trail and test your animal knowledge.
Due to government legislation coming into force from Monday 29th March 2021, we have amended our ticketing system to only allow bookings of 6 people maximum. As the government have stated, large families are exempt from this, and are able to book (although in two separate bookings). It is imperative that we, as an organisation, follow these guidelines rigidly, and maintain our COVID-safe reputation. Anyone that is found to not be following these guidelines when on site will be asked to disperse their groups, and failure to do this will result in us politely asking you to leave the sanctuary.
From Thursday 24th September 2020, it is a legal requirement for us to display official NHS QR code posters at the entrance, and around the sanctuary. This is in partnership with the NHS COVID-19 app that was rolled out nationally from 24th September 2020. You will be able to scan the code from the NHS app on your mobile device upon arrival. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to get in touch with us.
We have built a one-way path around the sanctuary to allow people to socially distance. Some areas of the route, like the field walkway, are on uneven terrain. These grassy areas can become incredibly muddy if we have wet weather, and won't be accessible by wheelchairs or pushchairs unfortunately.
Please DO NOT feed any of our animals. If you are caught feeding them, the food will be confiscated and you will be asked to leave the sanctuary immediately. As we are a sanctuary, many of our residents are old or suffer from medical conditions so are on special diets.
Booking terms & conditions:
- If you need to cancel or transfer your booking please be aware that this can be done up to 48 hours prior to your visit. If you contact us after this time window we will not be able to amend your booking.
- We cannot transfer or refund your booking due to bad weather.
- If you or anyone in your booking are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please contact us and we will be able to transfer your booking to a later date.
Click here for information on our precautions during COVID-19.